Wednesday, November 23, 2011

See what great love...

The other night, while giving Adira her bath, I was just overwhelmed by how much I love this little baby of ours.... I told her how much her daddy and I love her and then how much God loves her. I started singing "Jesus loves you this I know...." and started crying. I know He loves her so much more than I do but heard Him whisper to me, "the love you have for Adira gives you just a glimpse of the love I have for you, Renate."

The tears of course flowed even more, then. I know that I am loved, amazingly enough, by the God of the universe but that night, I experienced the love of my heavenly Father, again, in a way I hadn't for a while.

1 John 1.3 (NLT) says, "See how very much our Father loves us, for he calls us his children..." In the NIV the word 'lavish' is used to describe how God loves us. Lavish means "to expend or give in great amounts or without limit". This is how God loves me. This is how God loves Adira. This is how God loves you!

As I write this, I am reminded that I have been praying that I would experience more of God's love, praying for myself and others Paul's prayer for the Ephesians (Eph 3.14-21). God is answering.

How have you experienced God's love lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment